Friday, May 21, 2010

"I know about the holograms"

Behold, the champion of the people, Nebraska's Democratic Senator, Ben Nelson:
“I've never used an ATM, so I don't know what the fees are,” Nelson said, adding that he gets his cash from bank tellers, just not automatic ones. “It's true, I don't know how to use one. But I could learn how to do it just like I've . . . I swipe to get my own gas, buy groceries. I know about the holograms.”

By “holograms,” Nelson clarified that he meant the bar codes on products read by automatic scanners in the checkout lanes at stores such as Lowe's and Menard's.
(Link via Paul Waldman, who has further thoughts on the use of this phrase.)

So, kids, always remember:



Although Nelson does add something else...
“I go and get my own seating assignment on an airplane,” Nelson said. “I mean, I'm not without some skills. I just haven't had the need to use an ATM.”
Gets his own seat! Good god. And to think I might have underestimated him.

(Image source. Poster made at this site.)

No comments: